Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oh, Atlanta


After an incredibly short flight (only 4 hours!) I made it to Georgia and met up with a friend I made a NASA last summer. I must say, being picked up by a friendly face is exponentially better than taking a taxi! (Is there anyone I know at Rice, UMaryland, Rensselear?)

With the time change, I missed lunch and as much as I love my homemade trail mix, it doesn't quite cut it for me for a meal. So, we hit up this place called Fat Matt's. It's a barbecue place:


And it's really small. That tiny picture above captures about all of the interior. They had a fantastic live jazz-ish band that was playing when we arrived, and with the size of the place, we decided to enjoy their tunes while sitting outside. The food was quite good - it was a spicer/less sweet barbecue flavor.

Menu - look at those cheap prices! Sometimes I regret living in one of the most expensive cities in the country....

After a stop at a coffee shop (I am from Seattle!) that I think I could quite easily frequent as a student here, we drove a bit around campus and stopped by the library. Even though GT has something like 35,000 total students, they only have two libraries! (I think the UW has like 40)

My body is still getting used to the time shift, but so far, I like the bit of GT and Atlanta that I've seen, now off to learn more about the program.

Also, I think my high heels confuse the poor engineers here. Good thing I only brought my shortest pair!

1 comment:

Charis & Josh said...

You made it! What's the weather like over there? It's quite cheery thinking of you strolling around GT in high heels turning the heads of those "poor engineers"--yes, lovely mental image there. :)

And when are you going to Rice?