my solar cells class just completely took over my life. I'm sure my test scores are not going to reflect either my effort or my learning in this class, as I started from such an elementary level that learning everything this quarter was just too much to ask. I've accepted that fact and plan to spend time next quarter and over the summer slowly going back over the course material, hopefully learning it in such a way that I begin to think intuitively about how changes to my solar cells will affect their output.
speaking of which, I'm writing this while waiting for the software needed to run the solar cell simulation software I need to finish my last homework assignment. I found out that of the two programs that I could use, only one kind of runs on mac - thank goodness I never uploaded my older laptop, the software won't run on Lion. the second software only runs on Windows, so now I'm downloading an emulator that will hopefully run the software. I'd like to avoid dual-booting my computer, as I think the Windows OS is only going to eat up my HD space. I rarely use .exe programs anymore. Like 2 in the past 5+ years.
oh. looks like it's done downloading now. fingers crossed I can get this to work!
{unrelated Hubble pic. apparently this is the 'bubble nebula'}

No comments:
Post a Comment