Wednesday, April 4, 2012

stuck with sore feet

One of the trickiest parts of my daily decision making is what shoes to wear. You laugh? Sure. But truly, I often feel like shoes 'complete' an outfit and so I'm always frustrated with my somewhat limited shoe choices when I've worked so hard to pick out the rest of my outfit.

Limited shoes choices? again, I'm sure you laugh if you know me - yes, I own ~15 pairs of Nine West heels. (not sure how many I own in total) - but I don't own many good flats, appropriate for the lab. I don't like wearing jeans everyday, but I also don't have a ton of flat, closed-toe shoes that cover the entire top part of my foot. Toms come close, but generally I wear my poor pair of oxfords or my chucks when I'm headed to the lab. So, I've been on the hunt lately for a pair of tennis shoes that are low profile, give decent support for standing on my feet all day, but I can get away with wearing slacks with. i.e. - not a brightly colored nike tennis shoe.

I tried a puma shoe earlier this year that I ordered online, but that didn't work out so well :( This time I decided to go to Nordstroms, where I could get help from knowledgable shoe-people and have long/thin options (I have weird feet). I thought I had a great shoe with this Ecco Vibration II:
but after wearing it in this morning - it is not going to work. at all. 

let's just say that this post is a consequence of this shoes. I can't currently put shoes on. And as I don't keep flip flops and the like at school, I can't even walk to the bus, so I can't get home. My heels have lost large amounts of skin and even with bandaids I can't put any shoes on :( 

The worst part is that I was supposed to do work in the lab today, but as I can't put shoes on, I can't do that. And it was sunny out today, so I would have loved to go to a building with windows, but I can't since I can't put shoes on. Ugh. So now, I'm stuck at school waiting to be rescued by my sister.

Needless to say, these shoes are being returned ASAP. possibly tonight. 

No comments: