to this:
so quickly?
while I'm not in denial about being 23, it is slightly surreal. the 20's were always for people older than me, people more mature me than me, people somewhere between me and my parents. I think it might be a weird age for me because I never knew 20-somethings at any point growing up until I arrived here. People in their twenties populate TV shows, but the lives they portray are only distantly similar to mine. I doubt that a Jesus-seeking, science PhD student who lives with 5 great female roommates, spends most of her time at school with perpetual goggle lines, and rarely goes out anywhere for 'fun' would make sellable television...and one of my life goals is to live with as little drama as possible. sometimes, it's incredible to me that I already went to college - weirdly, I never remember a time when I was like "I am going to college and then am going to get a job" (well, the job part won't happen for a number of years still....) but I also don't remember a time when college seemed like a large obstacle - I just started applying to schools when people told me to. the future is ever-present and sometimes I think that I look to much into the future and forget to just 'live' everyday life, if that makes any sense at all. and maybe that's why 23 is a bit surreal - the future is here, now. what does year 23 have in store? I'm excited to find out :)
also, sometimes I enjoy not starting sentences with capitals. the shape of the sentence is different. that's all.
oh, and I received a kindle for my birthday from my parents - probably should have waited until post-finals weeks to open that gift...


No comments:
Post a Comment