In the morning, when I rise,
In the morning, when I rise,In the morning, when I rise,
Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
but give me Jesus.
I am reminded of one of my favorite praise songs as we begin our journey to Camden, flying out at 6:15am this morning. For all my professed ease of sleeping on planes, this morning I was captivated by the sunrise and decided to stay awake for a while. I don't often get up early enough (actually, I don't know if I ever have!) to see the sunrise, but I was so enjoying the view that I didn't let myself close my eyes. It helped that I am sipping on a Joy tea and watching the clouds roll by under the wing. (Yes, I am typing this on the plane - who knows when I'll have enough internet to post it!)
My mom asked me last night why I was going on this trip. Honestly, I am not sure, except that I felt a unexplainable desire to go, serve, and learn. I don't know what to expect, but I'm excited to find out why I was supposed to travel to Camden. I don't expect to radically change the lives of the students and teachers that I meet, but hope that I can learn from them. I also go to serve the servants, to give them an extra set of hands and feet as they serve the students of Camden.
Don't we look lovely at 4:15am??
Also, though I think anyone reading this blog probably is friends with both Chris and I, if you haven't read through his blog, you really should. He is going on the trip with me and is an incredible writer - way more creative than my cut and dried descriptions of events and happenings. Check it out here: http://antithesisreigns.wordpress.com/
2 comments:
I think sometimes you have to follow gut feelings about things, that's why I'm applying to Vermont :D Camden will definitely be a memorable experience.
I love reading why you are going Olivia, even if you don't fully know yet. "I also go to serve the servants...." very powerful way of articulating it!
And.. I LOVE airplane sunrises/sunsets! We chased a bleeding sunset the whole way home from Atlanta to Dallas last night. :)
Post a Comment