Saturday, March 3, 2012

fine. and other words.

lately, I've noticed a pattern in my response to the questions "how are you doing today?" or "how was your day?" Mainly, that I just respond with "fine," regardless of who asks the question. I'm tired of only saying 'fine', but I also don't even know how to articulate my emotions and perspective to myself, let alone to others. So, I guess until I find new words, 'fine' will have to suffice.

on a lighter note, I recently found a site called Futility Closet, which is just full of funny/random things, and they had great section called 'language,' where I found the following words:

cunctator - n. a procrastinator.

perpilocutionist - n. one who expounds on a subject of which he has little knowledge.

charrette - n. a final, intensive effort.

apricity - n. the warmth of the sun in winter.

though they are not adjectives, I feel like all four words describe me/my life in recent times.

yes, sometimes I even feel like a perpilocutionist when I talk about solar cells. I know (most of) the words, but am still nailing down true understanding. (also - anyone know how to pronounce that word? or any of those words??)

-------

Unrelated to the words theme, but I always find it funny when sites like xkcd or phdcomics have cartoons that so elegantly illustrate situations I am currently experiencing. This one for example, published this past Monday, has been my life for the past half a week with my mathematica solar cells homework:



1 comment:

Charis J said...

Love you!!