Monday, February 11, 2013

FOCUS

Somedays, I wish my friend Josh lived a little closer than down the coast of CA. He will always be king of the FOCUS sign and I'll forever remember the hectic paper writing night that didn't involve him, but he still made my friends and I a focus sign, ran up to our front room window, stuck to the window and then disappeared in a flash.

I desperately need some focus for the next 48 hours, as I have one group paper draft due and a draft of my qualifying exam paper due, a combined total of 30+ pages that need to be written. I'm currently sitting at 5 pages and already mentally exhausted. I dislike that my writing process is still so last-minute; I thought I had kicked this habit over the past two years.

Related, and interesting - here is a AsapSCIENCE animated discussion of procrastination (originally found on the fantastic brainpickings.org):



Also in my procrastination tonight I ran across this article about overcoming a creative block on brain pickings, and I'm pretty sure it also counts for scientific blocks, as I would posit that sciences takes a large dose of creative thinking.

 
So, I guess in light of a lack of a focus sign and a foggy brain, I think I'll procrastinate productively by sleeping early tonight. I can always cram more tomorrow, right?!



2 comments:

Charis & Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charis J said...

I need to show this one to Josh :)