{this is legitimately what the view looks like, only everything appears even closer and larger....}
tonight, I was supposed to edit NSF fellowship essays, but instead I've been sitting in a tastefully designed house drinking tea from an Olivia the Pig mug and enjoying being in the same room as my roommates. not gonna lie - this house is a beautiful combination of everything I've dreamed about in a house - open, spacious, lots of windows + natural lighting, decidedly minimalist, but still incorporating lots of floor-to-celling bookshelves full of english, art, design, and scientific literature.
we read love poems from a slim red volume, started a game of scrabble (but only got as far as 'daft', thanks Steph :) ), played with a soft hamster, and I finished editing some photos of my newest skirt.
all in all a good evening. so blessed to live in this city, to live with these women, to be pursuing a research degree in a field that I love, and as I was reminded last night while reading through Colossians 1, I'm so blessed to be a part of the Kingdom of Christ, forgiven and redeemed.

No comments:
Post a Comment