near midnight, I learned a few things:
(and not from my MSE textbooks)
(and not from my MSE textbooks)
when in a washington hospital, code grey is a call for help with a 'combative' person.
apparently there was one in room 9.
it becomes code 'silver' when there is a weapon involved. fortunately we have not heard that one called yet.
and most interestingly, codes are frequently not standardized across a state, let alone across the country. This seems to me like something somebody in the government should have addressed by now.....
they have been standardized in WA and OR - thanks, google.
don't worry, I'm not being seen at the ER, I just drove a friend here.
I'm probably the only person this hospital has seen recently working on homework while waiting for someone to be seen. I really should be working on formatting my references for my paper due next Monday, but it's kind of hard to focus...
tonight, I'm thankful that two of my dearest friends are nurses.
love you both, thanks for your loving service at Children's and in Bihar!

No comments:
Post a Comment