I was awarded an NSF Fellowship!!!!!!!!!
After waiting for over 4 months, finally got word that my proposal was reviewed favorably and that I have funding for at least the next three years. I'm still waiting on the other 7-ish fellowship programs to get back to me, but it is incredibly relieving to have a secure funding option. And it might solve my summer funding issues - apparently I can start receiving the grant money as early as June 1st. Need to discuss this with my advisor, of course :)
Getting this is so affirming in many aspects - that I can write a decent proposal, that my science is innovative, and that people other than me, my advisor and my friends believe that investing in me as a scientist is a positive thing. (I'll be honest though, no scholarship/fellowship notification has yet to top my NASA MUST email. That was seriously one of the best moments ever. Could be that I'm just tired now and all my excitement chemicals are suppressed....)
I'm still waiting expectantly to hear back from some solar/tech companies I applied to for the summer (the one Seattle company turned me down), but this NSF news is just so wonderful.
because it's 1am and I don't have any 'excited face' pictures on my computer (though this might suffice), please enjoy this adorable kitty:
{usually my eyes get all squinty when I have a large smile....}
MORE exiting news from the past week - I was accepted into the UW Nanotechnology PhD program! Which, yes, means that I'll kind of have two doctorates at the end of the day :) I'll be honest - the program seems more like a 'certification' or 'specialization' than a whole second PhD - but who am I to complain?). My full degree will be a PhD in Materials Science and Engineering and Nanotechnology. Isn't that a mouthful?!
oh yes, and I passed my solar cells class with a way higher-than-expected grade!
and my lab is basically now set up! (yay for lab work!)
and I get to go to a climbing comp saturday!
wow wow wow. so blessed.

1 comment:
Congratulations Olivia!!!! Way to persevere through the rough rough last couple of weeks and now you get to soak up accomplishments and successes--praise the Lord for these abundant blessings. :)I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment