what an incredible view.
It's easy for me to forget the big picture when I've been in my windowless office for days, but then I find something like this video. wow. did you see the Aurora Borealis?? and the lighting storms?? Even though I live in a big city, one of millions of people, the night images of the Earth, with all the bright city spots, reminds me just how big the world actually is - almost 7 billion people! And then I remember how small our little blue planet actually is in the grand scheme of the universe.
anyways. the likelihood of actually seeing the earth from space is slim, either on the ISS or on another space-bound mission. I'd be content to see the Aurora Borealis - it's going on my list of things to do when I spend a summer researching in Sweden!
oh. apparently NASA is opening Astronaut applications today......
(I met one of the astronauts up there! so good to see him still in the program!)
(and the woman speaking about the hiring process, Dr. Janet Kavandi, graduated from the UW!)
1 comment:
...well, are you applying?
(Also, testing...)
Post a Comment