Apparently I'm more of a city girl than I thought.
Wandering through the deserted Cambridge, MA on the MIT campus Saturday morning was weird. (apparently MIT students don't get moving on a Saturday until ~11 am....)
It was a city, but there was nobody outside. And the streets were so clean! There were joggers - lots and lots and lots of runners - but no one just out for a stroll with their family, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air. Maybe they're all just too used to the sun and fair weather? It really threw me off all day! I guess I expect Ellensburg to be quiet because it's a small college town, and I envisioned Boston as place thriving with people. Maybe it was the area we saw, maybe it was the time of day, I'm not sure.
{we did find plenty of east-coast hipsters (not a flannel in sight!) in Flour, a delicious lunch spot!}
{not that hannah and adwoa are hipsters, but this picture was taken in Flour :) }
all I do know is that I felt incredibly more at ease with the lights, cars, and people wandering around when we got back to New York that I did the whole day in Boston.
{view from the 13th floor in Columbia's engineering building - look at all that city!}


No comments:
Post a Comment